Another Blog of Brandt Dary

Monday, July 17, 2006

A Terrible Thing To Witness

Story:

Last Sunday night I was in the mood for something sweet. I decided to go to the store to get some brownies. On my way in I saw a man who looked like a bum, he wasn't even wearing a shirt. He had a tattoo of a naked woman on his chest and he was wearing a gold cross. He approached me and asked if I could "Spare some change". I told him that I didn't carry change, but that I would give him five dollars if he would promise me that he wouldn't by drugs or beer with it. He promised, so I gave him the money, and off I went. I told him that I gave him the money because God told me it's good to give to those that beg, and again, he said thank you. I asked him what his name was and told him mine. He said his name was Leroy. I saw a group of guys approaching Leroy, so I said good-bye, went into the store.

I found my brownies, and proceeded to the checkout line. While standing in the check out line, I could hear the man talking, rather yelling, with the group of guys outside. I could hear that these men were calling this man a homeless fool and swearing at him. I heard Leroy shout, "Don't spit on me!" I placed my brownies on the checkout and began to walk outside to see what was going on. As I was about 20 feet from the door, I heard Leroy scream at the top of his lungs, then again.

I began to run out the door but suddenly Leroy was running inside the store, we met just inside the entrance. Leroy had blood all over his face and hands. I could see that he had been stabbed twice, once in the stomach, and in the chest. I yelled at the store clerk to call the police.

Leroy was spilling out blood all over the place. I caught him as he fell to the ground, and now had his blood all over my hands. I didn't know what to do, this guy was going to be dead in 3 minutes! The cops wouldn't make it in time.

He looked up at me and mumbled, "Brandt... You mentioned... God... You said you knew him... please, tell me - I'm about to die - how can I get into heaven." Wow, what an opportunity, I love to tell people about God, so I said this to him.

Leroy, if you want to go to heaven, you've got to come check out my church - it's awesome, the pastor is hilarious, and the band is great. They give away free coffee and worship service isn't too long. Plus, after church we all go out and see a movie.

Leroy looked a bit puzzled, he said "Brandt... I'm dying! I don't think I'll be able to come to your church..."

Ahh, that makes sense... I didn't think about that. "Fear not," I thought to myself, I know how to share the love of God, I've heard my pastor many times, I can do this!" So I said to Leroy "Leroy, do you ever feel like you've got a God shaped whole in your heart? Do you ever feel like things aren't going that well for you... like you'd like more money, or success, or better relationships in your life? Do you feel like your job isn't fulfilling you, or that you are lonely and need a buddy?" He didn't respond, so I just continued, I knew how to tell someone about the love of Jesus, because I heard it at church... "Leroy" I said, "Jesus loves you, and he has a wonderful plan for your life! Don't you know that God is your friend and he wants you to go to heaven! All you have to do is accept Jesus into your heart. Just say this prayer "God I want to accept Jesus into my heart"

Leroy had lost a lot of blood, it was all over the floor and running down his chest, he was about to leave time, and go off into eternity. I saw that he couldn't speak, so I just said to him "Leroy, I'll just ask you a question, and with your last ounce of strength, nod your head if you agree" Do you want to accept Jesus into your heart?" He nodded his head up and down once, and then it feel to the ground, and he died.

End of Story


Did I give Leroy the biblical gospel? Did Jesus really have a wonderful plan for his life? Is that all it takes to go to heaven is just to say a little prayer that is about accepting Jesus into your life? Did I do the right thing in the above story? the answer to all of those questions is NO. What would you do if someone only had three minutes to live? What about 5 minutes? What about a day, or a week, or a month? What about the fact that we all don't know how long we'll live, we could die at any moment. Did you know that 150,000 people die every day? Do you care? Here's a better question, do you care enough to DO anything?

Listen to 3 Minutes to Live by Ray Comfort to learn how to share the information people will need if they don't want to go to hell. It's a 1 hour free audio message that you need to hear! Please, if you're a Christian, you NEED to hear this message. Click HEREto listen.

If you're NOT a Christian, please go to this website, and take this quick quiz to see what will happen when you die: www.WayOfTheMaster.com


Your Friend
~ Brandt


P.S. If you're wondering why all I talk about is God.. Please care enough to do something about it. Listen to that above audio message and you'll be closer to understanding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home